How do I cancel my subscription?

Miken
Miken Expensify Customer Posts: 2

I cannot work out how to cancel my subscription. I have a new job which doesn't require me to keep track of expenses.

I've searched the help guide. Which no longer seems to correlate with the application. The instructions are incorrect.

I tried messaging but there's always 'something wrong' and the message is not sent.

Please help.

Answers

• Sophie_Pinto
    Sophie_Pinto Expensify Customer, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 133 Expensify Team

Hi @Miken, you can cancel your subscription and downgrade from a Pay-per-use Group policy by navigating to your Settings > Policies > Group Subscriptions settings and clicking "Cancel Subscription". 

Note that you may need to click Show Details at the top-right of the Subscriptions section in order to see the Cancel Subscription button.

If you're on a Pay-per-use subscription, that's all there is to it!

Let me know how you get on with this, or if you have any questions!

• Miken
    Miken Expensify Customer Posts: 2

I'm sorry, but there is no 'cancel subscription' to click.

Please can an administrator cancel my subscription for me?

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @Miken, thanks for circling back. I cannot cancel on your behalf, sorry about that.

Please follow the steps below and if you're still unable to cancel please send a screenshot of what you do see to concierge@expensify.com so we can assist.

1. Log into your account using your preferred web browser,
    2. Head to Settings > Policies > Group Subscriptions,
    3. Expand the Subscription section,
    4. Click the Cancel Subscription button.

Cheers!

• rclark
    rclark Expensify Customer Posts: 11 Expensify Newcomer
    edited August 2021

I, too, am trying to cancel our account and there is no Cancel Subscription button. We're on Pay-per-use as our annual subscription just expired, but the only options are to enable/disable Corporate Karma and edit our Payment Card. We've already moved on to something else and would like to cancel as soon as possible. Do I need to delete our Policy before I can cancel?

• Zany Renney
    Zany Renney Approved! Accountant Posts: 171 Expensify Team

Hi @rclark

If you are on a Pay-Per-Use plan, go to Settings > Policies > Group. Once there, click the settings button to the far right of the policy name and click Delete. Be sure to delete all policies listed here. Your reports and expense data will remain in your account. Once you have done this, you will be on a free account.

If you do not delete your group policy then you can still be charged for future activity. Once on a free account, you can SmartScan up to 25 receipts per month, or you can close your account entirely.