Need help in export template for SAP S4 HANA AP invoice load

Ram_Reddy
Ram_Reddy Expensify Customer Posts: 5

We are trying to get the report export in import supplier invoice template. We would appreciate if you can share the custom export format details of that. I have attached the load template here.

Answers

• Matt Moore
    Matt Moore Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 132 Expensify Team

Hi @Ram_Reddy, and welcome to the community!

Just to be completely sure I know what you're looking for:

• Are you asking for a default template (one that is "pre-made") to be added to your account?
    • Or, are you asking for guidance on how to configure a template for yourself?

Thanks!

• Ram_Reddy

Matt,

If there is one(pre-made) fits to the template I have attached would be great. If not need guidance to get configure one to get the export matches the template I have attached.

Regards

Ram Busireddy

• Matt Moore
    Matt Moore Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 132 Expensify Team

OK great - thanks for clarifying! (Best not to reinvent the wheel, in these cases!)

Have you tried following our Inbox Tasks to get a flat-file export format? (There is one for SAP).

The instructions are here.

• Ram_Reddy

Matt,

I checked it, but that one is no where close to the one we need. In that case we need help to build a custom export.

Thanks

Ram Busireddy

• Matt Moore
    edited September 2021

OK, no worries! Sounds like we're going down the route of creating one then (link to help documentation).

When we're working on a custom export format, we generally need three pieces of information:

• The name you're giving a datapoint.
    • Where that datapoint can be found in Expensify (bonus points for getting its Expensify name, but usually a screenshot will suffice).
    • The formula for obtaining that datapoint in Expensify.

I can see that the spreadsheet you've shared has a lot of examples but it's not clear to me where those pieces of information can be found in your Expensify setup.

Additionally, we're not able to discuss your private data in the Community, so it'd be best to move forward with this mini-project with Concierge.

A great way to frame this question to Concierge would be to share screenshots of which data you're trying to export and asking what the formula is for that data.