Export format - is there an expense date custom formula?

mollie
mollie Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

Hello,

I am creating an export format to check for any expenses submitted after 1/1/18 that have a date in 2017 and are above a threshold amount. So I want to include a column for the date at the expense level, not the report level. However, a custom formula for the date on the expense cannot be found here: https://docs.expensify.com/setup-for-admins-and-accountants/advanced-configuration-for-managers-and-accountants/custom-formulas

My guesses of {expense:date} and {expense:date:M/dd/yyyy} do not work.

The closest thing to what I'm looking for is to use the report start date {report:startdate}, which would at least tell me if any of the expenses on the report are from 2017. However, this still requires more effort than needed, as it would require me to bounce back & forth from the export format to specific the Expensify reports to scrutinize each the dates of the actual expenses. This would be SO MUCH EASIER if I could use the date of the expense, as then I could sort by date and amount and be done.

Any help is most appreciated!

Thank you,
Mollie

Best Answer

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓

Hi @mollie, happy to help with this! You should be able to find the formula for created date under the Created section. I've copied the information for you below though and I hope this helps!

Expense created date

{expense:created:yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss} would output 2010-09-15 12:00:00 assuming the expense was created on September 15th, 2010 at noon.

You can modify the default formatting by removing, adding or reordering the date and time. Please note, dates are case insensitive! That is, mm is different than MM. For the full list of abbreviations please visit the help article here, and look under the Created section.

The most common date formulas are below:

M/dd/yyyy = 5/23/2015
    MMMM dd,yyyy = January 23, 2015
    dd MMM yyyy = 23 Jan 2015
    yyyy/MM/dd = 2015/01/23
    MMMM,yyyy = January, 2015
    MMM, yyyy = Jan, 2015
    yy/MM/dd = 15/01/23
    dd/MM/yy = 23/01/15
    yyyy = 2015

You're example of {expense:date:M/dd/yyyy} should be {expense:created:M/dd/yyyy}. I hope this helps!

Answers