New Subsidiary

Options
Schrodinger
Schrodinger Expensify Customer Posts: 9 Expensify Newcomer

Hi, we are adding a new subsidiary to our company that has the same domain and email address. We are looking into using Expensify however we would want the expense report for the new subsidiary to export separately so they go to the correct subsidiary and accounts in NetSuite. Is it possible to do this within our existing domain or would we have to set up a new Expensify account.

Julie

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Schrodinger you can do that! You'll want to set the new subsidiary up with its own Policy (or policies if you need multiple), but you don't need to set up another domain at all.

If you want to, you can add the employees to a special Domain Group for easy management and to restrict them to the new (preferred) policy, but that's optional!

Let me know if I can help with anything further!

• Schrodinger
    Options

What about a separate bank account for reimbursements, is that an option? I assume this then would take some configuration with our NetSuite team so that this policy would export to a different account. What is the additional pricing to add a new subsidiary and policy?

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Yes @Schrodinger absolutely! You can add an additional bank account under Settings > Account > Payments. For the policy, you just connect it to the relevant subsidiary. As long as you have the same Billing Owner for all your policies you will just pay for your active users or your subscription, depending on how it's set up.

You may want to write in to concierge@expensify.com and have our team review your subscription and whether you may need additional users on your subscription. I would assume you have a Control policy, and those users are $18 under an annual subscription.

• Schrodinger
    Options

The new subsidiary is in India, using INR, and the bank account we would reimburse from is in India (Kotak) and denominated in INR. Would this still work for setting up a new subsidiary policy under our current domain?