Forward expenses after Manager approves : API

Priya2021
Priya2021 Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

Hi,

Using https://integrations.expensify.com/Integration-Server/doc/employeeUpdater.html#api-principles, I am able to create new user. I would like to have 2 levels of approval for the expenses created by user. First the manager and then the finance team (Shared email). How do i set the second level of approver via API?

Comments

• Conor Pendergrast
    Conor Pendergrast Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 175 Expensify Team

Hi @Priya2021 ! You need to set two specific valuess for that approval flow to work:

1. For anyone submitting expenses, set their managerEmail to their manager (the person to whom they approve reports)
    2. For anyone approving expenses, set their approvesTo to the finance team (shared email)

The only exception for 2 is that you do not set the finance team (shared email) approvesTo field; that is set to blank (which indicates that a report is final approved after they approve it).

In case you're not already aware, you can also use Copilot to provide delegated access to that shared email, which will make it clear exactly who takes what actions (like approving reports).