Is anyone else having receipts duplicated when emailed into Expensify?

Options
Katie_S78
Katie_S78 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I've been using Expensify for almost two years, and in the last two weeks have been experiencing an issue with receipts duplicating themselves when emailed into Expensify for my report. The email is only being sent one time - I've confirmed in my outbox. But for some reason the expense with the receipt is appearing two times. No idea what would cause this - but wondering if I'm the only one?

Answers

• LukeBooks
    LukeBooks Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Looks like from Jan 6 thru Jan 11th Expensify tripled Every.Single.Transaction in our credit card import. Then it hasn't imported any transactions since then. Something is broken.

• Christina Dobryzynski
    Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 267 Expensify Team
    Options

Welcome to the Expensify Community, @Katie_S78 and @LukeBooks!

Are these CapitalOne cards? If yes, we recently had an incident where CapitalOne changed the TransactionIDs for their expenses that caused duplicates to import through the direct connection.

Our engineers can remove these duplicate expenses for you once we collect the TransactionIDs for the duplicate expenses. Can you please reach out to concierge@expensify.com about this we will look into the best ways to remove these for you? Thanks!

• LukeBooks
    LukeBooks Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I was told by Expensify Concierge that there was nothing that could be done since it was Cap One's fault and that I would have to create Reports and move all the duplicates and triplicates to that report and label it as Duplicates and then Close the report. Since the functionality of Closing a report has been removed by Expensify, this would result in many open "Duplicate" orphan Reports. Very unacceptable. So I chose to submit the duplicate reports one by one, approve them and then delete all of the duplicate transactions in my accounting software. Took the better part of a day but at least I could get on with my work.