JSON Format

Options
D365BC
D365BC Expensify Customer Posts: 30 Expensify Newcomer

few questions

how can I export into json format, I do not want any physical file, just the data in the buffer so I can read on the fly, does it export a text file with json extension, myoutputtextfile.json ??

do I have to run 2 APIs everytime, once generate the export and 2nd api to download

do we need some time space/gap between both api run or we can run same time one after another?

can we include all the fields in export template, do I have to be specific for each and every field

how can i get the link to view the attached image, is it in the export template

Thanks

Answers

• Cheryl Walsh
    Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 104 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @D365BC thanks for reaching out to us. You can only export reports to a CSV or XLS format. It is not possible to export this to JSON from within the product. You can customize an export template based on different formulas. I suggest reaching out to Concierge@expensify.com so we can look at your specific account and suggest what is best for you. Thank you!

• D365BC
    D365BC Expensify Customer Posts: 30 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Thank you for quick response

1 last question for today as above

can we run both api same time, one after another, or 1st api takes time to export the file and 2nd api must wait for few seconds.

or once we get result from first api , which is export file name, we can use that immediately to run 2nd api to get the expense data?

• Cheryl Walsh
    Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 104 Expensify Team
    Options

Do you mean can you export reports one after the other or at the same time? If so, you need to wait a few seconds, they cannot be exported at the same time.