Can the 'Create from Map' feature on Desktop be available on mobile as well?

Options
GarrettW
GarrettW Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

On the Expensify Desktop website there are two ways to create mileage - Manually Create and Create from Map. On the Expensify App there are three ways: 1) Manually Create, 2) Odometer, and 3) GPS.

We've found our preferred and easiest method for mileage is Create from Map, but this doesn't seem to be possible on the Expensify App. Is there a way to enable it there?

Answers

• Christina Dobryzynski
    Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 267 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @GarrettW! Welcome to the Expensify Community. The Create from Map feature isn't currently available on the mobile app.

I agree that the Create from Map tool is super helpful. We usually suggest users who would like to use the Create from Map tool to create the map when they're back in the office or on a computer and then upload it through the Expenses page at www.expensify.com.

Another option that might be clunky is to take a screenshot of the Google map on your phone before starting your trip and then tap Manually Create on the mobile app. You can tap on the receipt icon and upload the screenshot as the receipt image. You will still need to enter the distance and all the expense details, but this might be another option if you want to work off the mobile app instead of the web.

Let us know if you have any questions!

• GarrettW
    GarrettW Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Thanks Christina - appreciate the reply and a good workaround. Hopefully the Create from Map can be available on mobile at some point in the future :)

• Krismes
    Krismes Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

create from map needs to be in the mobile app

• MatthewW
    MatthewW Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

Can we please get create map in the mobile app?

This is my experience every time. I go on a work trip. I have a little bit of time at the airport. I put my receipts into the Expensify app. I have to wait to get home to do my mileage… I get home late at night. In the morning I have to catch up on the work I’ve been missing, and also get this done, and do all this while trying to get out the door for the next meeting that day. It’s stressful and takes away from either quality of my work as I’m rushing or time with family. It would be nice to have in the mobile app so I can put in there the night before. Has happened a multitude of times.