Last_Modified Date

Options
mmourton
mmourton Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Newcomer

I cannot find anything in the template that would give us the "last modified" date for an expense. It would be really helpful to know what date the expense was last edited (let's say a merchant name or tag was updated). Can anyone help with this?

Comments

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @mmourton I don't believe we have that as a publicly available data point - are you able to elaborate on the purpose of this date i.e. what are you wanting to achieve with this data point? Maybe I can help you work out a different method!

• mmourton
    Options

We are importing the data into a google sheet. Sometimes, we update the tags or descriptions directly in our google sheet.

We are looking for the "last_updated" date so we can determine if the data in expensify has been changed since the last time we synced via the API.

Also, is there a way to update the tags in expensify via the API?

• mmourton
    Options

Hello @Rachael Hopkins ...Please let me know if you can help me find a data point for the date that the expense was last updated. We desperately need a way to determine if the expensify tags that we downloaded via the API are more recent than the data in our Google Sheet (if someone edits the sheet directly)

Also, is there a way to update expenses (tags and description) using the API? This could be a workaround for us because we can make sure our changes are synced with expensify when they are made in google sheets.

Please help!

• Conor Pendergrast
    Conor Pendergrast Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 175 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @mmourton we're not aware of a data point that would be available via our API that would help to pin down the date an expense was modified.

In general, we don't see expenses being exported, but reports being exported (once they've been submitted, processed and reviewed) to record in an accounting, payroll or data warehouse system.

It's possible that there are alternatives that you could use here, could you give a brief overview of what the process you're creating will do, and why?

• mmourton
    Options

@Conor Pendergrast Thank you for the response.

We are importing all of our records as expenses (not as reports) and using the API to import them into a google sheet.

Sometimes we edit the expense (change the tag) directly in our google sheet.

When we run our import function, we would like to compare the last_updated date for the transaction versus the last_updated date for our google sheet to determine which is more recent.

Any ideas of how to solve?