How do I export/download actual images of receipts for document support storage.

2»

Answers

• Matt Cole
    Matt Cole Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 69 Expensify Team

@D365BC can you reach out directly via chat so we can get screenshots? Perhaps the inputs are incorrect.

• D365BC
    D365BC Expensify Customer Posts: 30 Expensify Newcomer
    edited September 2022
  • D365BC

Hi,

I managed to download attachment and stored into blob/database using API

HttpClient.Get(APIURL, HttpResponseMessage);

HttpResponseMessage.Content.ReadAs(pdfStream);

HttpResponseMessage.Content.ReadAs(ResponseText);

dont read the result into Text, it must be read directly into Instream object.

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team

@D365BC Thanks for reaching out! Can you please reach out to concierge@expensify.com for our team to review?

Thanks!

• D365BC
    edited September 2022

Another challenge for me, cannot understand this logic

if I have multiple transactions, transaction IDs are different why report id is same, I should be able to download pdf based on Transaction ID

I need to attach pdf with every transaction, it will not create multiple pdfs output file. It will create only 1 pdf include all 3 expenses, so same pdf I will attach 3 times.

Think, If I download weekly expenses which are more than 200, how will I run the api to download pdfs and store in blob/database for every single transaction and it will not give me 200 pdfs

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team

Hi @D365BC! It appears you may have missed my last message, but no worries! I encourage you to reach out to concierge@expensify.com or to Concierge within the in-app message service in your Expensify account, as they will be able to provide you specific guidance for API setup.

Thanks!

• ashcares
    ashcares Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    edited September 2022

I am using Expensify on a Windows PC. By hit and trial, I figured out following method to get a pdf file with a list of expenses and images of all the associated receipts. Hope someone will find it useful. I am not too tech-savvy and therefore was trying to figure out a simple way to get the pdf without having to use some formulae in Excel reports.

1.     Log into your Expensify account.

2.     Click on <Reports> tab on the left side.

3.     Under <New Report> on the top right of the screen select <Expense Report>. Note: A new expense report will be created without any expense in it.

4.    In the new expense report pop-up, click on <Add Expenses> Note: Another new pop-up will open where you can filter and select expenses to add to this report.

5.    Select date range in the new pop-up

6.    Click on each expense to add the receipts to the report. Note: This will be a bit time consuming if you have too many receipts. I usually have only 15-20 receipts each month and so it took only about 10 seconds for me.

7.    Finally, screen will say ‘The current filters show 0 expenses’

8.    Close the pop-up

9.    Go back to the <Reports> tab

10.  Click on the newly generated report under reports tab. Note: This should be the top report in the list.

11.  Once the new report opens in a new pop-up, click on <Details> on the right top corner of the screen.

12.  Choose the option to either download the pdf or print as pdf.

13.  Now you will have a pdf file with list of all expenses for the period selected along with the images of receipts. You can save it on your PC.

• sylvainDurupthy
    sylvainDurupthy Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Just following up on this Topic. i'm not IT guy and all solutions related to bulk download of receipt stored on expensify seems a bit complex to me.. would there be someone able to assist on how to run this script allowing to download all receipt at once in a readable format (JPEG or PDF for instance?).

thanks a lot