I need to re-open a report that is in "Closed" status

Options
dfara2002
dfara2002 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Hello Expensify Team,

Need to recall/reopen a report that is in "closed" status so I can change the policy that it was submitted under. I do not have the "open" button in the upper left hand corner that is referred to in your help pages.

Can you put it back in open status for me? Or tell me how to do it myself? Thanks.

Answers

• Sonia Liapounova
    Sonia Liapounova Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 210 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @dfara2002 I see that you have a couple reports in the Closed state that are on policy "not shared". This policy state means that the report was submitted on a policy that was either deleted or you were removed from that policy which set the policy filed to "not shared". When a report is "not shared" a submitter cannot retract the report, however, the person you submitted to should be able to help you.

Please reach out to the person listed in the "To" field on the report and ask them to do the following:

1. Click Approve on the report
    2. Select a policy to move the report to (this will add the submitter to the policy, you can remove them later if you don't want them to submit other reports to this policy)
    3. Once the report is in the Approved state, click Unapprove then Reject back to Submitter
    4. Now that the report is in the Open state you can remove the Submitter from the policy if you don't want them to submit future reports to this policy. You can do this from Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > People

Now the report should be in the Open state and you should be able to edit it!