Add Custom Expense Report Fields to CSV Export File

Options
Kim_M
Kim_M Expensify Customer Posts: 2

We created several custom expense report fields to collect information needed to correctly allocate expenses to projects. How do I find out the names of these custom fields and then add them to a custom CSV export file? I can see how to add a new column to the CSV file, but I can't see a list of available fields to know how to reference them correctly.

Best Answer

Answers

• mgrotte
    mgrotte Expensify Customer Posts: 4
    Options

I've got the same question, and not finding a clear answer in the help doc provided.

In my example, I've created a new report field (Settings | Reports | Report and Invoice Fields), where the field is named "Expense Source", and is of type=Dropdown with 3 possible custom values. This new field shows up on my reports, with a selected value, which is great. In the help document referenced above, there are references to custom fields, but my understanding is that those are the 2 custom fields on the Policy People attributes (custom field 1 & 2), which are different than custom report fields.

In my attempt, when trying to export the custom "Expense Source" field from the report to a .csv format, I have tried what seems to be all conceivable names to get the value of this new field in the export and none seem to work. Here are some of my attempts:

{report:ExpenseSource}

{report:expensesource}

{report:Expense Source}

Any tips on how to access this custom report field in the export process would be appreciated.

• mgrotte
    mgrotte Expensify Customer Posts: 4
    Options

I just found the anwer to my own question 🙄

{field:expense source}

• Sonia Liapounova
    Sonia Liapounova Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 210 Expensify Team
    Options

Glad to see you found the formula for the report field, let us know if you need assistance with any others!