CitiBank Card Import Problem

thewesleydavis
thewesleydavis Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I am getting an error when trying to "fix" my CitiBank card import. When trying to reauthenticate, the browser goes to a forbidden page auth.citi.com.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Greg Schroeder
    Greg Schroeder Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 64 Expensify Team

Hi @thewesleydavis,

Hmm - first of all, it might make sense to contact Concierge so we can take a look at your account and any associated errors directly. With that said, we can do some general troubleshooting here.

Is this a personal card import or a card import for your domain as a whole? If it's a personal card, it might be a good idea to try disconnecting and reconnecting it from scratch. Just remember that before you remove a card from Expensify, it's a good idea to submit any outstanding expenses as all un-submitted expenses are removed automatically when the card is disconnected.

If it's a card program for your domain, re-authenticating the connection in lieu of the typical "Fix" option could be a path forward. To re-authenticate the connection, basically you pretend as if you're adding a new card feed from scratch by navigating to Domains > Company Cards > Import Card (don't touch the existing feed). From there, follow the wizard to locate your bank and enter in your banking credentials through that method. In many cases this restores functionality.

• BLusky
    BLusky Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I am experiencing this error as well, with no solution. I have attempted to delete and readd the card, but get the same 403 forbidden error for Citi authorization.

• Stevie LaFortune
    Stevie LaFortune Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 240 Expensify Team

Welcome @BLusky ! I do see that you have a Citi card actively connected now, perhaps you were able to work it out. If you have another card you are having trouble with, please reach out to Concierge so we can troubleshoot that with you.

• MarkEnsio
    MarkEnsio Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I have an American Airlines Citi credit card and a Costco Citi credit card. I have one online Citi account for both cards. I've had a lot of problems getting both to import. Do I need to call Citibank and ask them to create two separate online accounts for me?