Categories not defaulting to Policy

Chialeah
Chialeah Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I have one employee in a policy that is not defaulting to the Policy Categories and I can't figure out why. Nothing in his settings is different from another employee I compared and hers is fine.

Answers

• Julia
    Julia Expensify Customer Posts: 164 Expensify Pro

Do you have multiple policies? Is there a chance they created their own Expensify account a while back and it is defaulting to the policy associated with that one?

To double check, I recommend they click the blue person icon on the top right side of their screen. Then double check if it has any other policies available, and if your primary policy is selected.

• rgondo
    rgondo Expensify Customer Posts: 31 Expensify Admirer

We have many people in our company who work across multiple subsidiaries, which means they'd be constantly switching between policies. Is there a way to auto-select or prompt them to choose the policy based on the company?

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hello @rgondo, thanks for the info! If you have employees working under multiple policies and coding expenses using different sets of categories and tags, we recommend waiting to code expense until they are on a report tied to the policy they should be submitted under.

Since each report belongs to a policy, the expense on that report can only be coded with categories and tags from that specific policy.

I hope that helps!