QuickBooks Desktop issues

Options
D_M
D_M Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
edited January 2019 in Integrations and API

We have been having a few problems, mostly related to moving to the new QB sync manager, for over a week now. Since there is no phone number to call, we've tried using the in app chat tool and sending an email to help@expensify.com, but the only responses we get are from the "concierge" bot which haven't been that helpful. What are we doing wrong, how can we get help?

Answers

• JRW
    JRW Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    edited February 2018
    Options

Same here on the pre-sales side. While I understand the theory behind Expensify's 'support methodology' as explained by a company announcement in this forum, so far the actual implementation has been abysmal. I have been trying for 2 days now to get a simple pre-sales question answered to no avail. I've received half a dozen automated email replies that are either completely unrelated to my question, or simply unhelpful. I have also been directed to the "chat" feature, which seems equally useless. Btw Expensify, it's not really a "chat" feature if all it does is put your message into the email support queue. An actual chat feature provides a real-time conversation, allowing for quick answers to simple questions. This is the opposite of what I've received over the past 2 days.

This initial series of interactions with Expensify does not bode well for long-term support issues.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hello @D_M, happy to help with this. Can you share some more information about what is happening with the new connection? Are you receiving errors, slows, time-outs?

If you can provide any information that will help illuminate what is happening I'd be delighted to help out.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

@JRW, I'm happy to help you as well. Can you share your questions with me here?

• D_M
    Options

Here are the three biggest issues we are facing right now:
    1. We don’t seem to be able to get credit card transactions to tie to an employee, it fails with the error message of “No vendor found for email ‘uesr@domain.com’ in QuickBooks…..” There is no vendor because they are an employee. It only seems to work if it is a vendor not an employee.
    2. Not all of our card users are showing up in the card list so that we can assign the credit card account to export into. If we try to add one of the missing people, we get an error saying that card has already been assigned. Where do I find the rest of the card users so can assign correct account?
    3. When there is any change to a policy, which is often right now as we're trying to figure this out, it has to re-sync. This process takes an extremely long time, up to 30 min, and often fails and has to be restarted. ( we get the Oops! something went wrong... message)

Is there a reason that no one answers the help@expensify.com emails, do you just need more people?

• Sheena Trepanier
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hello @D_M, thanks for the info! Our team is very small right now, especially compared to the size of our user base. This is something we're absolutely aware of and we're all working as hard as possible to provide the quality and speed of support we know our customers deserve. Please know we're aware of how painful it is right now and we're going to remedy that.

I'll break down your questions below and answer them in numbered order.

1. When you export your reports as a Vendor Bill, you will need to have a vendor record set up for the employee in QB Desktop. Sorry for the confusion there.

2. For the card holders that are missing, do they have a different domain after the @ in their email? For example, you're able to see cardholders with emails like employee1@company1234.com and employee2@company1234.com, but emails such as employee1@gmail.com or employee2@xyz.com are missing? If the emails aren't different, please let me know and I'll reach out so you can share an example email with me.

3. We've heard reports of extreme slowness with the sync manager and have escalated it for some further review. The sync manager supports a much more robust export and import experience than the old connection, but we don't think the speed now is satisfactory. As we make improvements you should see the speed increase dramatically and I'll keep you updated on that as I know more.

• D_M
    Options

Thank you for your response.

For Item number 1, we're trying to export non-reimbursable expenses as Credit Card when we get that error.

For item number 2, no. They all have email addresses from the same domain.

For item number 3, we'll keep our fingers crossed.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Options

Hello @D_M - thanks for the follow up and responses to my questions. I'm going to reach out to you via email because I'm going to ask for identifying information (emails and report IDs) so I can investigate further.

Please be on the lookout for an email from me.

• D_M
    Options