Auditing SmartScanned expenses and filling in the blanks

Options
brian_mtech
brian_mtech Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited August 2018 in Day to Day

I want to be able to audit the work done by smartscanning. First, I want to see all receipts that are missing merchants, dates or amounts. How do I view these so I can work on these as a batch? Then, I want to be able to look at new receipts to see if the data is correct. I regularly have receipts in pound or euros which Expensify is TERRIBLE at matching to US dollar credit card transactions. There should be an approval workflow for new submissions of receipts to do a quick review. There should also be a matching workflow. Quicken does this well. You guys make a mess of it.

Best Answer

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @brian_mtech , you can see this information from the expenses page. If you click on the column header you can sort by that field, and this will bring any missing values to the top. You can also sort by most recent to see new expenses.

The SmartScan looks at a few things for determining currency. The first thing is to make sure your location services are turned on. The second is to have a visible currency symbol. I'm in New Zealand, and because we use 'dollars' I find that having the location services turned on is the best solution, so that SmartScan knows exactly which 'dollar' I need whether I'm at home, in Australia or in the US.

If your expense has SmartScanned in the correct currency, it should match to the credit card transaction if the final amount posted was within a couple of dollars. If this is not happening, please reach out to help@expensify.com with some specific examples so we can investigate. (We want this working for everyone, and we take it very seriously)

As far as your workflow goes, the person who submits the report is effectively 'rubber stamping' it for the next level of approval, so I recommend before submitting your report, you give it a quick once-over. If you are using Scheduled Submit, you can pop a reminder in your calendar for just before your submission day, to ensure you catch it in time. It's definitely best practice to review reports before submission, and your Policy Admin will thank you for it.

(Just a side note, I'm going to edit the subject line of your post to make it more descriptive for future searching)