Wrong reimbursement account number - what do I do if my report says it was already reimbursed?

KJ939
KJ939 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited August 2018 in Best Practices

Does anyone know what happens if the wrong account number is put in under reimbursement? My Expensify account says it was reimbursed, but there is nothing in my account, so I checked my accounts and there was a mistake. One number is off. Does that mean someone else received my money? And how do I get it back? There is no customer service phone number for Expensify so I am very frustrated that I can't speak to someone about this right away.

Answers

• Aussiebandit
    Aussiebandit Expensify Customer Posts: 256 Expensify Champion

Hi @KJ939 - I would suggest that you ask your Expensify Admin if the amount was withdrawn from the Company bank account - if yes, has it been returned as unknown ? or if not, I would get them to ring the bank and advise what has happened.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @KJ939 , @Aussiebandit is correct - if you have an incorrect deposit account number in your settings, when an ACH reimbursement is processed, one of two things will happen:

1. The funds will return to your company's bank account and they will need to re-initiate the payment manually to the correct account.
    2. The funds have been deposited into a legitimate account (if the status says Reimbursed-confirmed, this is the case) so your Admin will need to follow this up with the bank to retrieve the payment. The report will need to be unapproved and the approval & reimbursement process started again.

I recommend you speak to your Policy Admin as soon as humanly possible.