I want to mark reports reimbursed but do not have that option

John_Collins
John_Collins Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I am the only user at my firm, all I do is use this to organize and print reports and receipts and my company writes me a check. I do not have the buttons shown in the help topics to mark closed reports as approved and reimbursed. I'd like to do that to declutter a bit. I'm not sure why I do not see those buttons, as the guy who set up the account, I assume I should have all management functions available to me. Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• tylerzoll
    tylerzoll Approved! Accountant Posts: 430 Expensify Champion
    edited March 2020

John, I have an empty account where I created a test expense for $1.00 then tried to close the report. If you are actually in the report window, then there should be an option to mark the report as closed. I recommend to the sole proprietorships that they mark the reports as closed every so often and it works for them.

• dorian
    dorian Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

@tylerzoll I’m also a sole prop, but looking for a way to “tag” or put a report in a pending/awaiting reimbursement/whatever status to distinguish from the active reports that I may be still using. My use case: compile monthly expenses that are billed back to clients. I’d like to transition the reports that I’ve filed for payment in a status until they are paid by the client...and then I’ll mark them approved. Any advice?

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020

Hi @dorian , if it were a Corporate Policy you could potentially use a Report Field to capture this, but that may not be enough functionality for you to justify upgrading.

If it were me, as a sole trader on a free account, I'd add a Report Comment after I submit the expenses for payment, and then 'Close' after payment is received.
    To help you visually track what has been submitted, you could always alter the report name to signify it, after sharing it with your client/company. e.g. 'Smith & Co Expenses 2018 (Submitted 04/04/18). Then later change the name to PAID and mark as closed. This way you could do a search on the 'Report Name' to filter by all 'submitted' or 'paid' reports.

If it's only you accessing Expensify, then it's only you who'll be affected by altering report names, etc.

• tylerzoll
    tylerzoll Approved! Accountant Posts: 430 Expensify Champion

@dorian One of the huge benefits that our organziation gets out of expensify is that we are easilly able to rebill expenses to our partners and customers. We integrate with NetSuite to do this, but the same functionality can be used in Xero or Quickbooks.