Financial reporting?

Options
jonpepper
jonpepper Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Hi there,
All of my expense reimbursements have been getting posted to a balance sheet account in quickbooks. I'd like to figure out where to put these expenses on the P&L.

Is there a way to get any financial reporting out of expensify? I'd like a detail report of all expenses for the year... all transactions, with date (transaction date, and date reimbursed), $ amount, vendor name, expense category.

Thanks!

Answers

• tylerzoll
    tylerzoll Approved! Accountant Posts: 430 Expensify Champion
    Options

I'm not a Quickbooks expert, but I would think there is something that is not set up correctly here. It makes sense that the expenses would impact a balance sheet account (your credit card account) but they should also be recognized in all of your expense accounts.

If that is fixed so that it is working correctly, then I would think that you wouldn't need reporting from Expensify. However, there is a way to get this in a spreadsheet if you are importing your company cards. Under the admin tab, if you go to domain control and the lloading dock, the Reconcile-All report will download all of the data to a spreadsheet that you specified.

• Nicole Trepanier
    Nicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 498 Expensify Team
    Options

I'd like to echo Tyler here. Each of your expenses are categorized with your chart of accounts and when exporting as vendor bills to an accounts payable for your reimbursable expenses, these should be linked to the correct accounts on your P&L