Introducing improvements to admin control of company cards

Sheena Trepanier
Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
edited December 2018 in Product Updates

Now that you’ve had a chance to use our new reconciliation dashboard features, we wanted to share some more improvements to the control admins have over company cards.

These improvements center around company card liability, located in the company card section of Domain Control.

Important!

• There have been no changes to how expenses function when Corporate Liability is selected. These expenses still cannot be deleted by the employee.

Now for the changes:

• [NEW!] Personal Liability now grants employees the ability to delete expenses. Please note that deleted expenses are filed away under the cardholder’s deleted expenses filter, and can be restored.
  • [NEW!] Using Personal or Corporate Liability and Scheduled Submit together will give employees the option to move expenses between reports.

If you don’t want employees to be able to delete expenses and you’re currently using Personal Liability, please update your company card liability to Corporate. (below)

Comments

• Julia
    Julia Expensify Customer Posts: 164 Expensify Pro

Just curious because I don't think I'm fully understanding, how do these new changes improve admin control of company cards? (assuming we already have corporate liability as we do not want our users deleting corporate credit card transactions).

• mb2vw
    mb2vw Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I have set up a company liability card. I have turned off Automatic Statement Reporting.

I was very frustrated to see that locked charges were still being automatically entered into an existing expense report. Going to the expense, I was unable to move the charge/expense to my desired report, due to the pull down being "greyed out", not allowing re-selection.

After much frustration and time wasted, I found that if I go into the report, and select the pencil icon (edit), I was able to remove the locked in expense out of the report and then apply it to a report it needed to go on.

Can it be fixed that the report can be selected at expense item level?

Thanks?

• Jason_Richards_25
    Jason_Richards_25 Expensify Customer Posts: 21 Expensify Admirer

@mb2vw did you ever get a response to your comment about locked charges automatically being added to reports?

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @Jason_Richards_25,

Just to clarify - an icon which looks like credit card with a padlock icon indicates that a card is importing via Domain Control and is centrally managed.

Corporate Liability is an optional setting on these cards which goes along with Automatic Statement Reporting and means the charges cannot be moved from the statement report.

Credit card transactions may also be added to a report automatically due to Scheduled Submit settings.

As a general rule, as long as Automatic Statement Reporting is not being used in conjunction with Corporate Liability, the expense should be able to be moved from one report to another, including via the drop-down on the expense itself.

Can you describe the issues you are facing?

• StephanieL789
    StephanieL789 Expensify Customer Posts: 29 Expensify Admirer

If I do not want the employees to be able to delete expenses, but I do want them to be able to move them from one report to another. What settings do I need to have for each of these options. Also, this post shows where corporate / personal liability is set. But I am having a hard time finding where we set Auto Submit.
    Also, my Imported card page does not have the Statement Reporting tab shown in the screen shot above. What am i missing?