Can we edit an approved/reimbursed report?

System
System Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 30 Expensify Team

Comments

• ExpenseMaster
    ExpenseMaster Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Admirer

Hi @Sheena Trepanier, I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, but I was wondering why as an admin, I can't edit another admin's approved/reimbursed reports? We have 3 admins (including myself) and we work as a team on Expensify. We had a situation last week when I was out of the office that one of the other admins needed to have an employee expense unmarked as reimbursed and unapproved because the employee needed to make a correction, but when the other admin went to do it, it wasn't an option. Would you mind letting me know?
    Thank you for your time!

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @ExpenseMaster - thank you for posting, my apologies for the delay on this!

Reports that are in the Approved and Reimbursed state are almost completely locked down to further edits. From what you're describing it sounds like the admin should have seen a "Take Control" button that should have allowed them to Unapprove the report.

Do you know if the admin had this button available for them?

• ExpenseMaster
    ExpenseMaster Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Admirer

Hi @Sheena Trepanier , the only admin that had access to that report was the one who originally approved it and marked it as reimbursed. There wasn't a take control button when we looked for us to be able to unapprove it and make the necessary corrections. However, I just went to look at an approved/reimbursed one that wasn't approved by me and it seems that this is now fixed and there is a take control button! YAY! :)

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

@ExpenseMaster thanks for letting me know it's there now, phewwww!

If you see anything like this in the future we're here to help, so please let us know,

• joy_bike1
    joy_bike1 Expensify Customer Posts: 0 Expensify Newcomer

Hi, I'm having the same issue, but no matter what I do I cannot get the take control button to appear. It has appeared before, but for some reason not now. I am the admin and the owner of the account. When I unapprove the report, all I see is the option to submit/approve/reject. I finally had to resort to rejecting the report, but since my employee is on vacation I have to wait to get it fixed. Is there any advice for how to fix this? I've tried everything I can think of.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @joy_bike1 Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Generally I'd ask for a report ID so I could take a closer look, but if the report has now been rejected, I'm afraid I won't be able to say why that happened. If you see this happen again, please do let us know and also provide the report ID, without changing the state.

If it has now been rejected, as long as it's still on a report under the policy for which you're an admin, you should be able to submit it on their behalf.