Expensify Mobile App experience with Okta SSO

Options
wocit
wocit Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

We are going to integrate Okta Single Sign On and are wondering what the user experience would be for current users of the mobile app. Will they be prompted with the Modern Auth login?

Best Answer

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @wocit, thanks for bearing with me. I had a chance to discuss with my team how this works today and what our plans are for the future.

Today when SAML is enabled and set to required if the employee is authenticated on the mobile app using an email and password, they will have to manually log out and back in to authenticate using their SAML credentials.

It will be imperative to remind employees to log out and back in after enabling SAML because their mobile account will be unable to sync with the web version of their account until they do so.

We're working on a solution for this and expect to resolve this with our next mobile release as long as everything goes according to plan.

Answers