Can I download a report that shows all categories and the cost codes related to those categories?

Hail_1986
Hail_1986 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Can I download a report that shows all categories and the cost codes related to those categories?

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020

Hi! In your policy you have the ability to build a custom export template that would allow you to export the category applied to each expense, as well as the cost code (GL code section) that is currently assigned to that category in Expensify.

You could use the two formula below to pull the category and cost code into your custom export template.

{expense:category}
    {expense:category:glcode}

You can learn more about our custom export template here.

I just want to note that the cost codes attached to categories are mapped on the backend. This means they will appear in the export but on the report itself they will not be visible.

Cheers!

• K_Hal
    K_Hal Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Sheena, regarding your answer above, is there a way to make the GL account numbers visible on the CSV file? I have to download users' reports on CSV files and then send them to another person for entry into our accounting software. That person wants to see the GL codes. Your answer above makes it sound like we can't get visible GL codes on our CSV downloads. In our workgroup we need to have those visible on the CSV files. Am I understanding this correctly?

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @K_Hal - I think we have some terminology confusion...

When Sheena is referring to the 'Report' she means the Expensify report, and by 'Export' she means the CSV.

So if you use the fields suggested above, this should display the GL codes in the exported CSV even if you can't see them in the Report at the Expensify end.

I hope that helps! :)

• Shannon_Lee
    Shannon_Lee Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I tried adding the {expense:category:glcode} to my custom report and the codes still do not appear on the export. I do have the GL codes in the system. Has anyone found the solution?