QuickBooks Online Reference number question

OfObject
OfObject Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer
edited June 2018 in Integrations and API

HI - I recently configured correctly my receipts in Admin/Policies/Connections (Quickbooks Online) Configure - Debit Card to point to relevant Debit Account No. in Quickbooks.

However the Quickbooks Transaction Ref No. = Debit.
For Credit Card receipts/transactions the Ref no. = Expensify Report ID.

I'd like the same to occur for Debit Account transactions too. Is this setting in Expensify?

thanks

Answers

• OfObject
    OfObject Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

Just to add - my "corrected settings" intended for both Credit Card and Debit Account transactions to be submitted in the same Expensify report. Are settings via Admin/Policies/Connections (Quickbooks Online) Configure/Export non-reimbursable expenses as/

• Credit Card
    • Debit Card
      mutually exclusive? Following my updated saved settings to point Debit Card transactions to my Debit Account No., Credit Cards receipts/transactions are now posting in Quickbooks to the "Debit Account".
  • Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @OfObject - thanks for sharing. It isn't possible to customize what is exported to the Reference Number field yourself, sorry about that. That being said, I have asked my team members if we could update the reference number to have the report ID when exporting as a debit card.

I'm following that discussion closely and will circle back to you here when I have more information to share.

Thanks!