How to use Expensify as a free account to track and submit expenses?

Options
JayB
JayB Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited January 2019 in Getting Started

I signed up for Expensify to use to keep track of some personal expenses for which I need to create occasional reports. I was under the impression I was signing up for just such an account, but I keep receiving messages asking me to submit a credit card for a monthly charge.

Are there no free accounts for personal use?

Best Answers

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JeremyS - thanks for the question! In a nutshell, you've cracked what the free version is for; individual users who don't need any of the bells and whistles that an accountant, firm or business would need.

With the free account, you can set-up Personal Scheduled Submit, Import your supported Credit Card or Checking Account , and SmartScan receipts just as any other user would - the only difference being that with the free plan, you're limited in how many SmartScan's you get.

You can still use the direct receipt integrations such as Uber, Lyft and HotelTonight.

You can still create Expenses Rules, Time and Mileage expenses and create your own Categories & Tags for your personal transactions.

Then you can easily Export them to a spreadsheet or PDF format.

In fact, if you're only planning on logging a few SmartScanned expenses per month and you're not interested in using Expensify with anybody else, exporting to an accounting integration or being reimbursed via Expensify, you'll want to stick with the free plan!

And if you have any questions, there's a whole Community right here to delve into - you're definitely not the only one making the best out of the free plan here, so ask away!

Answers