Is there a way to export category rules while connected to Quickbooks Online?

Options
JackYates
JackYates Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I've read FAQ's on category rules and there appears to be an ability to export if you dont have your Accounting System connected to your Policy in Expensify, but it seems that export feature is missing once you connect QBO.
I disconnected our HR software to set it up on another Policy and lost all the rules i had created for our Corporate Policy. It would be great to export and import the list rather than having to go one by one and re-adding.

Thanks,
Jack

Best Answer

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @jackyates, welcome to the Community! Sadly the ability to update category rules while importing categories from an accounting package isn't supported. It's not requested very often but when it is requested it's almost always seen as a massive time-saver.

I'd love to see this added as a feature request in our Ideas category so that we can start to track the support for this feature.

If you create the idea, don't forget to vote for it and share it with your team members who would also benefit from it and support it.