how to export expense card in report exporter?

Options
jeff_klick
jeff_klick Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

I am looking for some solution to show the source of expense card in the exported csv using Expensify API so i can tell either the expense item comes from corporate card or manually input. something like

Manual/Cash Expenses — {expense:card} would output Cash assuming the expense was manually entered using either the website or the mobile app.
Bank Card Expenses — {expense:card} would output user@company.com – 1234 assuming the expense was imported from a credit card feed. If you do not have access to the card that the expense was created on then 'Unknown' will be displayed.

I see the option in https://docs.expensify.com/setup-for-admins-and-accountants/using-your-policies/custom-formulas. but nothing similar to it in export_report_template api. Any suggestion?

Answers

• Stephanie Elliot
    Stephanie Elliot Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 84 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @jeff_klick! Great question. While we don't have a way to do achieve exactly what you're going for, there is a field in the API that will indicate whether an expense was incurred on a managed card (i.e. a card that has been assigned via Domain Control) or not. The call expense.managedCard is a boolean that will return TRUE if the expense is from a managed card, and FALSE if not. So that would give you a means to identify those corporate card expenses from cash or manually created expenses.