Expenses syncing to the wrong subsidiary in NetSuite One World

Options
erick
erick Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
edited February 2019 in Integrations and API

Hi folks,
I work for a company that's using NetSuite One World and we have four subs in different parts of the world. Our Expensify is set up to have a policy for each sub (e.g USA policy synced to USA NetSuite USA subsidiary, Kenya policy synced to NetSuite USA subsidiary, etc.), very basic, not that much complexity involved...

BUT, I keep getting sync issues when syncing over a non-reimbursable expense report in our Mexico subsidiary. It's giving me an error that says

"The payable category/account "X" does not exist in NetSuite"
The X is a bank account in our GL that is 1. not even related to the Mexico subsidiary (it's an account tied to our USA sub) 2. not shown ANYWHERE in the settings for the Mexico subsidiary because again, it's not associated with that subsidiary - so I'm not really sure what's going on and help@expensify has been no help.

Best Answer

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @erick, I just wanted to update this thread with further instructions you received via our Success team in an email, just in case another customer has the same issue.

Cause of the error: The A/P Approval Account in the NetSuite configuration in Expensify was set up to the NetSuite Default but the NetSuite Default didn't match the subsidiary set in the policy.

The solution: Navigate to the Advanced Tab of your configuration settings and update the account OR make sure that the payable account selected as the default in NetSuite matches the subsidiary set up in the policy.

Cheers!

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @erick I assume this is Report ID 35153322?

Can you tell me if this is still occurring? If you perform a manual export, do you still see the message?

I think this may be related to the Non-reimbursable journal posting account in NetSuite. You can find this under Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > Connections - Configure > Export

• erick
    erick Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi there,

Yes it is that report ID. When I look just now to the Non-reimbursable journal posting account it won't seem to accept my change-it keeps reverting back to a bank account instead of a liability account. Regardless, when I try any account and try to manually export to NetSuite, I still get the same error...