Cannot create transaction list - response 410

Options
tfrugia
tfrugia Expensify Customer Posts: 1
edited November 2018 in Integrations and API

We have successfully created expensify reports using the API for some time (over a year), but recently started receiving random errors with status code 410. The payload looks correct to me (see below for a live example that generates 410, with credentials removed):

requestJobDescription={
"type": "create",
"credentials": {
"partnerUserID": "---------",
"partnerUserSecret": "---------"
},
"inputSettings": {
"type": "report",
"policyID": "---------",
"employeeEmail": "---------",
"report": {
"title": "Auto Report"
},
"expenses": [{
"date": "2018-10-26",
"merchant": "OMNI+HOTELS",
"currency": "USD",
"amount": 28625,
"reimbursable": false,
"transactionID": "---------",
"comment": "10%2F24%2F2018"
}, {
"date": "2018-10-26",
"merchant": "BOS+TAXI",
"amount": 2385,
"comment": ""
}, {
"date": "2018-10-29",
"merchant": "PPA+PHL+AIRPORT",
"amount": 4800,
}, {
"date": "2018-10-29",
"merchant": "BOS+TAXI+0790+BOSTON+MA",
"amount": 2505,
}]
}
}

The response is: {"responseMessage":"Could not create transaction list","responseCode":410}

Any ideas?

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @tfrugia, thanks so much for posting and for bearing with us. I know you've already spoken with a team member of mine via email. She has escalated this and our engineers are having a look to help us figure this out.

We'll be back with you in the email as soon as possible and I'll post an update here once we have unraveled this mystery.

Thanks again!

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @tfrugia, I know you were working with my team member Brigid on this and reported the issue is resolved. I just wanted to share some context here with you and future customers who find this thread.

Our engineers let me know that this should be working now. The issue was that we changed something in our internal PHP API that caused the error for a small subset of customers. Since we've released the fix for this we've followed the logs closely and have not seen any additional failures related to this.

Have a great weekend!