SmartsScan does not complete scanning so receipts don't show up. How do I fix this?

Options
kennethSF
kennethSF Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
edited March 2020 in Day to Day

I'm running into an issue where I scan a receipt using smartscan and find that it doesn't complete or show up in my Expenses list at times which makes me really concerned about having confidence in tracking expenses and not having some missing. Looking for some help here. Thx.

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi @kennethSF Welcome to the Expensify Community!

The first thing you want to look for is to ensure that the expense in the mobile app changes from Uploading to SmartScanning.

Once it says 'SmartScanning' regardless of whether the scan is successful or not, this means it has hit Expensify's servers and is saved.

If that is fine, but you still can't find it, always go to the Expenses page in the Expensify web app. Reset all filters and add the Deleted filter. This will show absolutely everything in your Expensify account.

You can, of course, email concierge@expensify.com too, and we'll do our best to help you find whatever the expense is. However, if it never uploaded, we may not find it either. But we'll try our hardest to eliminate all other possibilities!

• kennethSF
    kennethSF Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

@RachCHopkins Thanks for the reply. The process steps I see are that I take a photo then it says it is SmartScanning.

I realized that I didn't hit "Save" on that expense for it to be imported / saved to my expense file. I think that was the obvious thing that I was missing. Seems to be working now, but I'll monitor accordingly.