change prime users email address

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @atomsupplies1, if you're looking to update the primary email address of another user's Expensify account, sadly that is not an admin functionality at this time.

However, I may have misunderstood your request and you may be talking about changing the primary email for a policy. If you're looking to update the email of the user who owns your policy and billing, please let me know!

• LauraDavis
    LauraDavis Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    edited January 2019

My email has changed. My previous email is no longer valid. Can I change this for future?

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team

Hi there @LauraDavis! I've just quickly updated your posts here to remove the personal information regarding your email addresses as all posts here are public and searchable via both the Expensify Community and Google.

To answer your question, there's currently no way to update your email without access to your account via your old email or another Secondary Login you previously had access to. If you need to discuss account details like this, I'd advise reaching out to us via help@expensify.com where we can discuss in detail without exposing any of your Personal Identifiable Information in a public forum.

• saml220
    saml220 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

This is a major pain point. Any other enterprise grade application would allow its admins to change the email address without the user needing to be involved. Adobe Sign, Adobe Creative Cloud, BambooHR, Dropbox, Box, NetSuite, Duo, Cylance, Meraki, Stackify, etc. all provide a way for account admins to do this job.

Providing this would allow organizations with a domain change to easily move all their users over. It would also provide a solution path for situations such as Laura's above where access to an email address was lost.

Please add access for admins to make these changes.

• Nicole Trepanier
    Nicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 498 Expensify Team

@saml220 This sounds like it would be a great addition to our “Ideas” category. After an idea is created, other Expensify users will be able to vote on the idea and we can gauge the demand for it.

The most popular ideas will be reviewed by our team and have a real chance of being placed on our roadmap.