Per Diem in Sweden

Stina
Stina Expensify Customer Posts: 2
edited January 2019 in Best Practices

Hello!

Has anyone a policy including per diem for a Swedish company? How did you solve that? I want to learn since I don't want to use Exensify if this cannot be solved in a decent way. BR/Stina

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @Stina Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Can you tell me the particular changes for using a Per Diem in Sweden which makes it difficult to use the standard Expensify per diems?

• Stina
    Stina Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Hello!

There is one amount for a full day or half day. If your journey starts at 12:00 or later, the departure day counts as a half-day. The same applies to the return day if the journey is concluded at 19:00 or earlier. The per diem varies, one decided amount (from Tax authorities) per country.

A deduction of 15 % - 85 % should be made if the employee has received food (company paid food our it is included in hotel cost) (breakfast+lunch+dinner).

BR/Stina

• KGR
    KGR Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Hi! I believe the new Per Diem release from Expensify would be perfect for handling Per Diem in Sweden but there is a bit too much importing and such to do yourself to have it work properly. It would be great if it could be implemented as a function.

The Swedish Tax Authority offers API's for the abroad rates here: https://skatteverket.entryscape.net/catalog/9/datasets/680

The policies are as Stina notes with half days and deductions from the full day per diem are made as follows:

-15% if breakfast was received free

-35% if lunch was received free

-35% if dinner was received free

Hotels are usually covered by the employer/payor.

Hopefully there will be a simple tool for this!

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team

Hi @KGR! Thanks for responding and providing additional context! For this, I suggest sharing this as an Idea post. This gives other customer's the chance to vote on ideas for a chance to be placed on a roadmap, as well as have them share tips, tricks, and possible workarounds in the meantime.

Thank you again for taking the time to share this, and if you have any other questions or need anything else, please let me know!