GL Posting Date

Impartner
Impartner Expensify Customer Posts: 2
edited January 2019 in Integrations and API

Hello,

We're integrated with Sage Intacct and wanted to see what happens when we try to push an expense into a closed period. It appears to just error out, rather than assigning it to the first open date. Is this the expected behavior?

Also, when it errored out, Expensify said there was a summary somewhere but I can't find it.

Is there a way for us to manually tell Expensify what specfic GL posting date we want to use at export? (Since there isn't an accrual feature, this is creating some extra manual work.)

Thanks,
Mark

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @Impartner Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Let me follow up about the expected behaviour, because I have heard reports of both!

You should have received an email to the email address listed as the Technical Contact under Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Connections.

You can specify what date to use from the Configuration > Export tab on the same Connections page.

You can use:

• Date of last expense uses the date on the most recent expense added to the report.
    • Exported date is the date you export the report to Sage Intacct.
    • Submitted date is the date the report creator originally submitted the report.

If you need to, you can turn off Auto-sync and change this manually to what you want to use before each export.

Feel free to come back to me if you have any further queries about any of this, and I'll follow up on your first point asap.

• Impartner
    Impartner Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Thanks for responding. I've seen the three options in the system (and we have auto-sync turned off). I was wondering if we could define a specific date on a specific expense report when it is exported.

Based on some feedback from the Feedback Concierge team it sounds like for us we need to grant permissions to Expensify to the "Open/Close" periods so that it would know if a period was closed and automatically push the expense report to the next available period. I think this may be what we do.

Thanks!

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @Impartner I have followed up with one of our Intacct experts re the posting period and her answer is : "If they've granted us permission for open and closed books in their GL subscription it'll go to the next one. If they haven't given us that permission then it will error out."

So pretty much what you have also found out.

As for the date, you can't 'pick' a date no, you can just alter the export option so that the date is uses is closer to what you want.

Let me know if I can help with anything further!