Issues with Quickbooks Integration

tropos_consulting
tropos_consulting Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Hello, While trying to Export my expense report ID 39973213 to Quickbooks online I am getting a Business Validation Error. The report is in USD and the client who is being billed is setup as USD, so the currencies are the same. Not too sure why it is failing.

Answers

• tylerzoll
    tylerzoll Approved! Accountant Posts: 430 Expensify Champion

@tropos_consulting, Can you open the report and see if it gives more details in the report comments and history? Also, I believe QBO sends out an email if the import fails on the QuickBooks end.

• tropos_consulting
    tropos_consulting Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Hello,

No, the comments provide no details at all. Below is the paste from the email:

There was an error exporting to QuickBooks Online. The technical details of the problem are as follows:

2019-01-17 17:51:33::500098: Request ID XOLOOo 2019-01-17 17:51:33::500161: User george@troposconsulting.com attempted to export report [39973213] - Tropos Hawaiian Airlines Expense Report 39973213 2019-01-17 17:51:33::500197: Export is to QuickBooks Online 2019-01-17 17:51:33::500233: Oops! Expensify encountered an error when auto-exporting to QuickBooks Online, and this requires your attention. 2019-01-17 17:51:33::500266: A business validation error has occurred while processing your request

Please feel free to reach out to concierge@expensify.com for more information. Have a nice day!

• tylerzoll
    tylerzoll Approved! Accountant Posts: 430 Expensify Champion

@tropos_consulting, thanks for sharing the details, but you might want to delete that last post since it gives up your expense report ID number. That's not a very helpful error.

"A business validation error has occurred while processing your request"

Maybe reach out to concierge to see if they can be of more help. Lots of times it is an issue with a vendor or something. Sorry I'm not more help.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @tropos_consulting, let's connect via email. Can you reach out to help@expensify.com and give a brief overview of what is happening, being sure share the report ID?

@tylerzoll - It's actually okay that the Report ID was shared. The report ID won't grant anyone access to the report who shouldn't have it, so it's safe to share. It's also a super easy way to let the Success Team know which report to look for the issue or example of a problem.