Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

Scheduled submit with offset?

shimikster
shimikster Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I was wondering if you could please help advise how to set up Scheduled Submit with Offset?

Our company currently has this set to manual but it would be great if we can have a report created at the last day of each month (which is currently possible).. but allowing employees a grace period of maybe 5 working days post month end to clear violations etc.

We are trying to achieve a single report per employee per month and ideally limiting the amount of reports that come out when this is set to scheduled but also to give employees an opportunity to clear out violations before we pay these out on the 7th day.

Thanks,

7 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Greg Schroeder
    Greg Schroeder Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 55 Expensify Team

Hey @shimikster, thanks for contributing to the Community! As it stands, there isn't an option to add an offset period at the end of the Scheduled Submit timeframe you have selected. I think that idea has some merit in order to account for folks that are still working through violations, but adding this option isn't currently on our product roadmap.

For the record, with Scheduled Submit set to Monthly, any expenses that still have violations at the end of the reporting period will be automatically moved to a fresh report. These can then be fixed up and submitted separately while the expenses that were good to go are submitted under the normal timeframe. That said, it sounds like you're trying to limit reports to a single report per employee, so I understand if that option isn't completely ideal.

Something related that's been considered is the ability to set up scheduled reminders for employees to help them fix up violations in order to submit on time, while keeping expenses confined to a single report. While this wouldn't be the same as a grace period, it may help to remind folks, say, 3-4 days before the end of the month to ensure that their violations are fixed up in time for the scheduled submission date.

Keep your eyes peeled for updates there! Otherwise, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. 👍

• Jenica
    Jenica Expensify Customer Posts: 10 Expensify Admirer

I have this same issue and would like to keep one report per card per month, but with the current available options, I have not yet found the best solution to keeping transactions separated into reports based on month without scheduled submit. Manual submit works better for us, because as "Shimikster" mentioned, we give our employees a 5 day grace period to clear out violations at the end of the month and then submit their report. For reviewing purposes, it is best if we just had one report per card per month.

• Nicole Trepanier
    Nicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 498 Expensify Team

Hi @shimikster and @Jenica I agree that this would be really useful and we've seen this issue quite a few times. I've moved this discussion over to our Ideas category so we can gauge demand and possibly put it on the road map. Go ahead and Vote for this idea in the original post and hopefully we'll get some more visibility on this. Let me know if you have any questions!

• fannyortega2311
    fannyortega2311 Approved! Accountant Posts: 2

Hello. Same issues would like to have one report per month per user and i take it from reading the comments above i should just do this manually. Unfortunately now i need separate reports and i am having issues with this as well.

• Mark Louis
    Mark Louis Expensify Team Posts: 146 Expensify Team

Hi @fannyortega2311 ! Be sure to vote for this idea if you haven't already and think this would be useful.

Feel free to reach out to Concierge as well if you're experiencing other issues with reports so that we can sort those out for you!