Struggle getting receipts / billing billable expenses for certain customers - HELP

RogoAg
RogoAg Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Context:
We use QBO auto-export and have customers/projects on so we get a billable summary by customer in quickbooks. But in order to bill certain customers, I need all the receipts for a certain customer.

How I am trying to do this is to create "an invoice" in Expensify, simply for the purpose of creating 1 PDF with all receipts for a particular client that are unbilled. I would then delete this invoice after creation.

PLEASE STOP ME if there is a better way to export:
RECEIPTS that are BILLABLE for a certain CUSTOMER/PROJECT!

2 Key questions:

• How do I tell if a report has billable expenses? Is there a way to filter reports by this?
  • When I create a "new invoice", is there a way to only see invoices from certain Customers/Projects when I want to create a bill for a certain customer?
  • If I use the "rebill" option, which also creates downloadable pdf, is there way to mark a report at "billed"?

Thanks,
Drew

Answers

• Nicole Trepanier
    Nicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 498 Expensify Team

Hi @RogoAg! While there isn't a way to filter the reports page for billable reports, you can use the expenses page to find billable expenses and then click the report listed on the expense. Our invoicing feature is pretty limited and I usually recommend using QuickBooks Online for any invoicing you need to do. I understand that the receipt images don't carry over when you select your expenses on the customer in QBO, so I can see where your problem is.

The only way to create an invoice in Expensify using existing billable expenses is to re-bill from a completed report. You can mark an invoice as paid after you re-bill expenses. Creating a new invoice won't pull billable expenses from other reports. Each re-billed invoice is only for a single report.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• RogoAg
    RogoAg Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Thanks you @Nicole Trepanier !

So as an update, I did find that quickbooks can include receipt images of expenses that are billed (you have to manually check the box on the invoice).