How can I make sure my uploaded expense isn't automatically get added to a report?

melissa_nop
melissa_nop Expensify Customer Posts: 1
edited March 2020 in Day to Day

Hi there. I provide admin support on all our expensify staff reports. However, I'm facing difficulty with the aspect of my colleagues mailing in their receipts. Every time they send to "receipts@expensify" it uploads as an automatic expense, and then once the report is uploaded-I have to detach a receipt and then attach it to the right report. Or, I just end up importing from my computer. Is there any easier way to be doing this as it's not really streamlining the process for my colleagues once they log into expensify.
Thank you!

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @melissa_nop, welcome to the Community. Can you clarify if you want all receipts to remain unreported when they are uploaded or imported? If so, I'd recommend taking a look at your policy level Scheduled Submit settings first.

If Scheduled Submit is enabled at the policy level, then expenses will be automatically added to a report and submitted based on the frequency selected. If Scheduled Submit is disabled at the policy level, please send the below instructions to your employees and they can ensure it's disabled at the individual level as well.

1. Log into your account using your preferred web browser,
    2. Navigate to your Settings > Policies > Individual > [Policy Name] > Reports tab,
    3. If the toggle next to Scheduled Submit is green, click it to disable the feature (grey toggle = disabled). (Below)

Once employees have taken the step above, their expense should not be controlled by Scheduled Submit and remain unreported. If that is not the case, please email us at help@expensify.com and share the email addresses of any employees still affected.

Cheers!