American Express Corporate Card Charges Not On the Domain reconciliation Report

Options
JYork
JYork Approved! Accountant Posts: 8

Hello - I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue. I downloaded the reconciliation report via the Loading Dock, and some of the credit card charges on our American Express statement did not come through on the report. I tripled checked the dates of the reconciliation and they were correct. There are about 10 cards within the program and about half of them had missing expenses. For all the cards that did have missing expenses, the missing expenses posted to the American account on the 27th and the 28th of February. This also happened with another American Express corporate card program; the card programs are different policies but on the same domain. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? Thank you!

Answers

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @JYork !

Hm, that sounds like the bank server we connect to might have had an outage. Anytime you are missing expenses, you can try to force the card connections to update by navigating to Settings > Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Company Cards and click the Update or
    Update All Cards button.

If you are still missing expense data, please let me know and I, or my colleagues, can try to force update the data from our side.

• kimbourn
    kimbourn Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Some of our users didn't update either. I updated all our AX cards through the domain today, but a few users' charges at the end of the month didn't come over. I told one of those users to update his AX card today through his app & he said the error message said there is a connection issue.

It seems like every few months this happens.

• JYork
    JYork Approved! Accountant Posts: 8
    Options

Hi Karisa, I did try to force and update to the cards using the procedure you outlined, but that did not work either. If you could please try to force the data from your side, I would appreciate it! Thank you!

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team
    Options

@JYork I just tried to force a data update for the card connected to the domain you have access to in your Settings > Domain Control section. Can you use the Reconciliation Dashboard and let me know if there is still any data missing?

@kimbourn Hm, your entire connection is affected by a weird outage. I can't tell if the issue is on the bank side or not. I've submitted your case to the engineers and hope to find out more information for you! There is a chance that the bank throttles total overall connections from Expensify that could be causing the trouble. As soon as I know more, I (or my colleagues) will get back in touch! If you have a really tight deadline to work with, you may wish to consider our Bank File Upload option.