Tracking year on year mileage / generating a total of miles driven

itsnoel
itsnoel Expensify Customer Posts: 3
edited March 2019 in Day to Day

There's no way to track year on year milage or say, any other type/group of expenses. Is love to be able up see how my travel grows or shrinks for business etc

Best Answers

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

Hi @itsnoel, thanks so much for posting on the Expensify Community. It's great to have you here.

There's no way to natively compare year on year mileage, but your Expenses page should allow you to filter by category and date, showing you a total for that year:

You can also export as much data as you'd like from Expensify via a Custom Export where you can pivot, visualise and analyse your expense data locally.

If we've misunderstood your question though, feel free to add any clarification in this thread.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓

Aaaahhh that makes more sense. While we don't currently support a way to total miles driven in app, this is something we've heard on occasion so it's on our radar.

I'd recommend exporting your mileage to a spreadsheet and dividing the total mileage spend by the rate to calculate the miles for the year.

If we release any features that help with calculating the actual miles driven we'll be sure to announce it in the Community's Product Updates category. If you have any other questions feel free to post them here and I'll follow up.

Cheers!

Answers