Can I duplicate an Expensify policy?

Options
Hadassah Hartman
Hadassah Hartman Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited August 2018 in Day to Day

Hi hi hi! I need to create a new policy for some employees who submit in CAD. Right now our main policy is defaulting all their expenses to USD.

Is this possible and how would I do this?

Best Answer

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    edited December 2018 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hadassah Hartman this is a great question for the community, thanks for asking it.

You can easily duplicate an existing Group policy you own. Simply follow Settings > Policies > Group and click the blue cog next to the policy. Then use the 'Duplicate' button:

In the popup window, you'll be able to select which policy settings to copy over:

If you have any other questions, just let us know!

Answers

• Liz_Chamberlain_HOT
    Liz_Chamberlain_HOT Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

@Sheena Trepanier I am trying to duplicate a policy and keep getting an error message:
    "We were unable to set xxx@xxx.org as the exporter of your policy connection because they are not currently set as an admin."

Can you clarify?

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @Liz_Chamberlain_HOT !

Sorry about that! The error is because xxx@xxx.org isn't part of the new policy yet in this type of creation flow. Oopsie, that's not obvious!

Here's a workaround until the team can figure out how to improve this:

When you click Duplicate on the current policy, uncheck the Connections option from the list of items to copy. This should get you past this error. Then, to connect your accounting program, navigate to Settings > Policies > Group > [new policy name] > Connections > [accounting program] > Connect > Reuse from xxx policy.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions.