Is there a way to default the "class" code based on AmEx card number?

ggallicchio
ggallicchio Expensify Customer Posts: 2

We have a few individuals who have multiple AmEx cards. Each card represents a partner company that we bill back expenses to. So for example, if they travel to Partner Company A, they charge to AmEx card #1 and then we pass those expenses back to Company A to get reimbursed. I have been asked if there is a way to default our "Class Codes" based on the AmEx card number. I know we can default the expense "Category" through an expense rule, but couldn't see a way to default the class code. Can you tell me if this is possible some time in the future?

Best Answer

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

Hi @ggallicchio, hmm this is a new one for me and I can actually see quite a benefit in having expense rules based on the importing card as well as the merchant. While we don't have this specific functionality on our near or mid-term roadmap, I know Expense Rules are on our radar for improvement.

I've added this thread to some tracking I'm doing for Expense Rule improvements, and if anything new comes down the pipeline that I think would help you out here I'll let you know on this thread.