Policy Admin to Create New Report

Jenica
Jenica Expensify Customer Posts: 10 Expensify Admirer

Is there a way for a Policy Admin to create a new report for a user? There are multiple times when I, as a Policy Admin, are reviewing employees reports and I want to separate the transactions into two different reports based on month, but since it is the only open report the employee, it does not allow me to create a new report and submit the expenses from the old month for them.

Best Answer

• Nicole Trepanier
    Nicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 498 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

@Jenica That is correct. Auto-Report will only create a new report if there are no other open reports. Admins don't have the ability to create new reports if the user has other open reports available to add expenses to. I can see how it would be useful feature.

Here on the community you’ll find a category named “Ideas” to share your feature request. After you do, other Expensify users will be able to vote on the idea and we can gauge the demand for it.The most popular ideas will be reviewed by our team and have a real chance of being placed on our roadmap.

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020

Hi @Jenica, Expensify is very much a user-driven tool, but there is one way that an Admin can create a new report and that's via the Company Card Reconciliation Dashboard, for company credit card transactions only.

You can't separate a report or move transactions from one report to another, just create a report/add unreported transactions to an existing report.

Are the transactions from a company card?

• Donald_18
    Donald_18 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Jenica has a great question, but I do not understand the response. How does an admin create a new report via the Company Card Dashboard?

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020

Hi @Donald_18 Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Your control over shifting expenses depends on the expense type and your User Role type.

For the Company Card expenses, a Domain Admin can use the Reconciliation Dashboard. A Domain Admin can select the statement date range (or any range) and hit Run.

They can then click on the Unapproved Total, set the filter on the Expenses page to Unreported, select all and click Add to Report. If there is an existing Open report in the employee account, the expenses will add to this. If an Open report does not exist, the system will create a new one.

Check out the guide here!

For cash expenses, the employee or their Copilot are the only people who can move these types of expenses.

Only the employee can move expenses from one Open report to another New/Open report.

• Jenica
    Jenica Expensify Customer Posts: 10 Expensify Admirer

Thank you RachCHopkins for your response. I have used the feature to create a new report from the reconciliation dashboard before, but there are limitations to this feature. It only allows you to create a report if all other reports are closed. If there are any open reports, it forces you to add the expenses to the open report. I would love the ability to add expenses to a new report either from the reconciliation dashboard or from the report tab.

• Nick_B
    Nick_B Expensify Customer Posts: 0 Expensify Newcomer

I have a situation where there are some older expenses which need to be separated onto a newly created report so that we can administratively push it through without forcing the reporting of current charges. If the expenses are in a state where they're Open, do you have a suggestion on how the Policy Admin can create a new report and add those charges to it?