Adding an additional field to expenses for an internal ID

Options
Pegs
Pegs Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited January 2019 in Advanced Admin Controls

I would like to add an additional requirement for employees to complete when submitting a receipt
"Unique ID #" - can I set this up in the receipt set up format?

Best Answer

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Pegs - thanks for posting here in the Community. It's great to have you on board.

If you're looking to add any additional requirements for employees to fill out at the line-item level, this can most often be resolved by the use of either:

1. Expense Comments - configured per Category from Admin > [Policy Name] > Categories:

2. Tags - configured from Admin > [Policy Name] > Tags:

However, from the interpretation of your comment, I'm wondering whether you'd prefer that: Unique ID # not be something left to the user to populate - are you just wanting something unique or incremental specific to your employee's line-item receipts, (much like the Report ID is unique to their Reports)?

If this is the case, it might be more useful to simply make use of the Receipt URL ({expense:receipt:url}) when creating an export of your data as this will always be unique to that expense.