Automatically closed due to submit-only policy

Options
AquetiAdmin
AquetiAdmin Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I added a new user today. When she submitted a test report, it didn't show up on the approver's or the admin's Report page. The approver received an email from Expensify, inviting them to review the report. However, the only choice presented was "Approve" with a lock icon. The history log shows, "automatically closed due to submit-only policy". How can I fix this so the new user's reports follow the advance approval process I set up?

Best Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @AquetiAdmin Welcome to the Expensify Community!

The first thing I would check is that she has submitted the report under the correct Policy, and not her Personal policy or potentially she may have mistakenly created her own.

As long as she is invited to the company policy and the workflow is correct in the people table Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > People then it should be fine - assuming she is submitting under the Policy.

If this doesn't help, I recommend you reach out to help@expensify.com with all the details - user email address, report ID etc.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @AquetiAdmin, Sorry for the delay - Expensify accounts belong to the user who can use them with their company or for their own private expenses, or with any other organisation who has a Policy.

Typically most companies ask their users to set their default policy (under their profile pic) to the company policy. Or, if you use Domain Control, you can restrict the selection to the company policy.

Answers