Batch uploads to QBO

Options
Streamline
Streamline Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

After spending considerable time scanning and categorising 100's of receipts the uploaded batch arrived in QBO without applying the receipt date and the date doesn't seem to be modifiable. This has thrown all reports considerably out. The attached receipts do have the correct date in the file name but QBO does not read this. What is the work around? I am hoping I won't need to pay the bookkeeper for days of uploading in a different way. Expensify is supposed to save time and money. Please advise.

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Streamline - Welcome to the Expensify Community!

When you export to QBO, you have three date options:

• Date of last expense - this is the date of the most recent expense on the report
    • Exported Date - this is the date you run the export to QBO
    • Submitted Date - this is the date the report was submitted for approval

Most companies use the Exported Date or the Date of Last Expense (which is the option you are using) to ensure the expenses are exported to the correct accounting period.

You can set the date to use on the Export tab of your QBO configuration under Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > Connections

Feel free to come back to me if you have any further queries about this. :)

• Streamline
    Streamline Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Hello in effect these three options provide the same outcome for older receipts being entered. My current year records are now in chaos as all receipts have been applied to this period and can't be adjusted in QBO. Is there a way to batch these in expensify, remove from QBO and reload?

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Streamline, I think you'll need to manually delete them from QBO and then re-export from Expensify.

What you do in Expensify will depend on what you need to achieve in QBO, but you may need to reopen and delete the reports themselves (thereby making all expenses 'Unreported', then create new ones by selecting bulk expenses as per how you want to report.

E.g. if you decide to go for 'date of last expense' as the export date, and you want to have one batch per month or per quarter, you'll need one report per timeframe.

It sounds arduous, but it should not be too painful. You can click through from the report history & comments, into the transactions in QBO:

And the Expensify part should be pretty quick. Sing out if you get stuck!