Tracking Check Deposits?

Options
LisaVos
LisaVos Expensify Customer Posts: 59 Expensify Newcomer
edited January 2019 in Getting Started

Is there a way to track our company deposits through Expensify? Believe it or not, we still get checks in the mail. We would like a way to electronically store copies of the checks in the deposit. Can that be done through Expensify?

Best Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @LisaVos -- Thanks for the clarifying information, I'm so glad I asked!

Expensify definitely focuses on the outgoing funds side of expense reporting. Sadly the ability to accurately and confidently track incoming funds would be very difficult to manage. The system itself isn't built for it, so you'd need to utilize workarounds to make it work and it could interfere with your normal expense reporting process.

Additionally, our connection with QB isn't set up to handle this either so exporting wouldn't be supported in the method you need. We only touch the GLs for outgoing expenses, and you'd most likely have to manually edit every deposit that exported.

I'm sorry we can't support your use case, but we absolutely appreciate you bringing this up and giving us a chance to review it!

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Options

Hi @LisaVos, good question! I just want to confirm that you are referring to deposits for report reimbursements submitted through Expensify.

For example, I think you mean that you want to add an electronic image of the check to the report in Expensify to show that you've been reimbursed, correct?

If that's off-base, my apologies, and I'd appreciate any clarifying information you can share.

• LisaVos
    Options

Let me clarify. We get checks from donors in the mail that we physically take to the bank. Some donors prefer to mail in paper checks...we will take it how ever they want to give it! :) We would like to take pictures of the checks being deposited to our bank account and upload them as a image to the deposit (or Sales Receipt) we record in QB. So we are asking for images to be attached to money coming IN...instead of out. You may only be focused on money going out, but I thought I would ask. :)

• LisaVos
    Options

Ok...I did think it was a long shot...but thought I would ask! Thank you for your time!