I have changed categories but they are not showing up when I enter a receipt- any help???

Options
gabe777
gabe777 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I have changed my categories but they are not showing up when I enter a receipt. Any help?

Best Answer

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @gabe777 Welcome to the Expensify Community!

The simplest explanation for this is usually that your Default Policy is not set to this Policy with the categories. Or, the expenses are on a report associated with a different Policy.

You appear to have two Policies with the exact same name, so this could be causing the confusion. Go to Settings > Policies to see this. All your Closed reports are on one Policy and the Open ones are on another.

I recommend you rename the Policy you do not want to keep i.e. 'GabesPolicyDELETEME' always makes it obvious, then move any reports on this Policy onto the correct one, then delete the incorrect one. (If you simply delete the one you don't want, and the closed reports are on it, you will be unable to edit them in future, so I recommend you reopen and change them if needed)

I hope this helps! :)

Answers