Syncing with Quickbooks Online

Options
Kitson
Kitson Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Hi folks, I just set up an Expensify account today. I'm an accountant looking into whether this could be a useful app for some of my clients, most of which are owner-managed limited companies.

As a sort of dummy to see how it works, I set up an Expensify account and told it I'm a business manager. I scanned a receipt and the smartscan completed. Then I synced my Expensify account with my company's Quickbooks Online account, selecting my actual company to sync to, not any of the client companies that are linked to mine.

I expected the receipt to show up in my Quickbooks records, but it hasn't. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Kitson Welcome to the Expensify Community!

I have had a quick look at your account but I only see one Open report.

When you Sync the Policy with QuickBooks Online you are just pulling through the tags etc.

To sync a Report, you must first submit then approve the report. Because you have AutoSync enabled on your QuickBooks Online connection, the report will automatically export when you have Final Approved the report!

(I recommend you change your workflow under Settings > Policies > [Policy Name] > People to Submit & Approve. This will give you more control over the exports)

And then you'll be able to click through from the Report History and Comments section to the transactions in QBO!