Convert Expensify Expenses to Items in NetSuite

Options
tylerzoll
tylerzoll Approved! Accountant Posts: 430 Expensify Champion

Not sure that this is helpful for anyone, but I have a script that converts expenses that are imported from Expensify into NetSuite and converts them to Inventory Items on a vendor bill.

The main reason that I use this is because I bill out items at a different price than the person is being reimbursed for the item. For example, I pay a certain mileage rate to my report submitters, but I have an arrangement where one of our partners pays 2/3 of the mileage rate. I like to have a consolidated bill in NetSuite, so the easiest way to do that is to use the items filed and set a rate for the item. This is also helpful because I have a mileage unit rate if I ever need it. Since the mileage rate changes from year to year, you can't just divide the total amount of mileage by the current rate if you are comparing year to year. By converting to Items, you can get a 100% accurate number of miles driven.

Here's how it works:

I've added a check box on vendor bills that checks if the expenses are imported from Expensify. If there are miles or per diem on the line items I just check the box and save. It transfers all of the line items from the expenses subtab to the items subtab. This could be easily changed to search for any expense and convert it to any item based off of any data in the expense.

If you would like a copy of the script or more details, don't hesitate to reach out, I'll be happy to share.

Comments