I need to print some receipts but can't for the life of me work out how!

Options
2»

Answers

• Isabela Stisser
    Isabela Stisser Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 200 Expensify Team
    Options
    Hey @psheld, as we mentioned in the last reply, our compliance and privacy team assessed this situation and were able to confirm that we've complied with our obligations to provide users access to their personal information via the self-service tools in the product that we've discussed in this thread. You can read more about our commitment to GDPR here. 

You can follow the instructions that we sent above and use the CSV export or PDF download per report to accomplish this workflow.

Thanks!
  • psheld
    psheld Expensify Customer Posts: 23 Expensify Newcomer
    Options
    Thanks, but they must be mistaken then.

"in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format"

The CSV format does not include images of receipts.
    A PDF does is not machine-readable.
  • LaurenR_Expensify
    LaurenR_Expensify Expensify Team Posts: 106 Expensify Team
    Options
    Hi @psheld - would you be able to drop us a line at concierge@expensify.com to discuss this further. Thanks! 

• psheld
    psheld Expensify Customer Posts: 23 Expensify Newcomer
    Options
    Thanks for the invitation Lauren, but I didn't get a reply last time I emailed concierge, this thread does not involve private information, and it seems others are interested in a resolution here so preferable I think to keep the community thread going.
  • Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @psheld - the CSV contains links to download each full receipt image. That can then be clicked to view onscreen, or from the onscreen copy it can be saved locally.

CSV export is what you would use to extract all of your data from Expensify. CSVs are machine readable, the images are a standard format.

I believe you originally wanted to download some receipt images to provide to a customer who was being audited, and then you mentioned wanting to extract everything as per GDPR, presumably so you can close your account. Can you tell me what you are wanting to achieve, and I can try and help you get there?

While I understand that you are not happy with the functionality of how Expensify stores and exports receipts, this functionality is unlikely to change in the near future. We have your feedback on record here for how you believe the functionality should work. I'd like to stay focussed in this thread, on what you need assistance with today.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• maxwell123
    maxwell123 Expensify Customer Posts: 4
    Options

I would like to add to this comment. I believe it is very common, let's say, for the IRS to ask for receipts and expenses. Can that request be accommodated in Expensify and if so how? By accommodated, I mean a single report that has images and expense amounts and not requiring a click on a URL 1000 times in the case of years worth of data.

Thanks.

• Greg Schroeder
    Greg Schroeder Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 64 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @maxwell123, thanks for contributing! Have you had a chance to review the previous responses in this thread that have outlined the various methods for gathering receipt images outside of Expensify?

To recap, there's no out-of-the-box "report" available for this purpose unless you were to gather your expenses from a given timeframe and add them to the same expense report, or copy your existing reports and merge them together prior to downloading a PDF copy of the catch-all report. Otherwise, the best option would be to export to a CSV and utilize the receipt image URLs you mentioned.

• maxwell123
    maxwell123 Expensify Customer Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks for the reply. This does not sound workable to me, but thanks anyway.

• DC2020
    DC2020 Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

Just another vote here to request this functionality. I've read the entire thread and there are several dismissive comments insinuating that it is an "odd" request to have one PDF export of selected expenses. This is a very common request. Many customers request expense backup when being invoiced for out of pocket expenses. I am an accountant and many of my clients have multiple employees incurring project/customer specific expenses. Printing several employee reports to PDF and then pulling out pages here and there is not efficient. This is a HUGE shortcoming of this application.

Also, no business owner in their right mind would ever send a list of links for their client to click one-by-one. This is not a sufficient solution. Please do not insult your users with this solution. It's been repeated several times on this thread and on others...Just no. I am not sending clients a list of links....RIDICULOUS.